Friday, August 19, 2016

Off to School

For this PCW Design Team post, I have made the card cutting file Chalkboard Card available here at Paper Crafting World. My grand-daughter will be going to school soon so I will be puttng this card aside to give to her on her first day of school, when she turns 5.


I loved this card when I saw it on the PCW website and decided it was perfect for giving to a child or a teacher going back to school for the new school year.

I uploaded the file to Design Space so I could cut it with my Cricut Explore. It is important to check the size of the component of the card before you start cutting. It does need to be resized for an A2 sized card.

I resized the components of the card so that they would fit onto a card 4.25" wide. I have used a tent fold card as a base for this.

I have also used the colours that were on the original design but it would look stunning in a variety of different colours.

All the cardstock used here is from Close to my Heart which is great for layering as it is not too heavy, since there are 7 layers on the card!

I used a CTMH white Chalkboard pen to write the sentiment on the front of the card using the writing function on the Cricut machine.

Do visit the shop to explore the new files that are available and check what the current freebie is too!

No comments: