Sunday, June 26, 2016

Classic Dad!

Hi there. Back again with another post for the PCW Design Team.

Today, I would like to showcase the True Classic car file designed by Melinda at Paper Crafting World. I think the file is more designed as a scrapbooking file, but I decided to try to make a card with it and I am quite pleased with the end result.

I first took the file into SCAL4 and made a shadow layer with the original image. The shadow layer is almost 1/2" bigger than the image.

I then duplicated the shadow image and flipped one of the shadow layers, centred both shadow layers then joined the two by overlapping the images and welding together.

I then imported both images into Design Space and sized both to the desired width. As it is not a tall card, you can size it to be a wider card - as wide as you like depending on the suzed envelope you want to use!

I added the Dad layer by typing Dad and creating a shadow layer for that - using a font that has a shadow layer. I offset the top layer to create more dimension for the word.

Creating a card  using a file such as this is very easy, but you do need to have another program to help create the shadow layer. I use SCAL4 most of the time to do this, but you can use MTC or a free program such as Inkscape. All of these programs will create an svg file that can then be imported into Design Space for cutting with the Cricut Explore.

No comments: