Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cute Little Mermaid


Today I have chosen this cute mermaid design to showcase for my post over at Paper Crafting World. The file is located here at Paper Crafting World and comes as a jpg file and as a cutting file. I chose to use the jpg file to do a print to cut with my Cricut Explore. (Hint: when doing a print to cut, make sure to choose the matte photo paper option rather than plain paper as you get a clearer, deeper coloured image)

I sized the image at 3.62" wide which was big enough to get all the little cuts done cleanly and it would fit onto a 5" square card. I cut 2 images so I could layer them onto the card, giving a bit more dimension with the colours.

I also cut a shell cutting file from Cricut Design Space. It had 2 layers so I cut them from 2 different colours, providing a nice layered look. I also cut a scalloped square in a darker blue to layer underneath the shell layers.

To give the mermaid a little dimension, I added glossy accents to the eyes and starfish on the headband; clear rock candy distress stickles to the clam shells forming the bikini top, pearl drops to the bracelet and glittery pearl drops to the tail.

The stamped greeting is from a Close to My Heart set (D1530 Kudos Cricut Collection) which came with the Cricut Artiste cartridge, only available through CTMH.

Do check out the challenge for this month over at PCW and take a look at all the wonderful creations from our very talented Design Team!


No comments: