Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Inspiration

I was inspired by some articles in the last Craft Stamper (March 2012) magazine. One of the articles by Judy Laing, was about using markers and she produced some beautiful cards for the article.

I used her examples to make the two cards on this post. They were so easy to make!

For this card, I used sheet music that I cut with a spellbinders deckled rectangle and layered onto black card. Added some distressink to age it a bit more and layered onto craft card to which I had added a border punched piece. Stamped the butterfly and distressed it then cut it out. The flourish is a die cut from my elegant flourishes die by Tim Holtz. The sentiment is a new stamp I got recently from Gina K.

For this card I stamped the craft layer with 3 different flower stamps then white embossed them. The butterflies were stamps from a Graphics 45 set which I coloured using copic markers then cut out and attached. The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp that I use a lot. Attached the sentiment then added some little blue pearl bling.



2 comments:

Barb Urbassik aka Stampenstein said...

Very nice...I love the colors you used...

Shairon said...

Two gorgeous cards, Janet! I especially like the one with the white embossed flowers - great colour combo. x