Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trying things out!

The ATC swap for the NZ Crafters Group on Card Making World is nearly at the end of the alphabet. This W ATC used the cover stamp from Craft Stamper a couple of months ago for the clock and the sentiment. Stamped and embossed the clock then cut it out. The wings are vellum, cut with a TH alterations die then cuttlebugged with swiss dots folder. I coloured the wings with Pink Pearlescence Brilliance ink and layered them on the back of the clock. The background was coloured with spun sugar, tattered rose and weathered wood distress inks then stamped with a wee cogs stamp from Zoe.

I cut the card for this side opening card from an A4 sheet - one piece makes 2 cards when cut in half down the long side. I used a strip folder to create the dotty strips down each side of the front then embossed a line along the edge of the embossed strip to "hide" the mark left by the folder. I embossed a 5cm strip with the Victorian folder and coloured it with tattered rose distress ink, then attached it to a wine-coloured layer before attaching to the card. I used the same distress ink on the Spellbinders tag and stamped it with a sentiment from Hero Arts. The same set had a lovely flowers stamp and I used that for the central image which I then cut with a scalloped circle die and edged with distress ink. Layered that on the same wine-coloured paper. The butterfly stamp is also from the same Hero Arts set.

I tried the same strip embossing technique with this card too. I really like the embossed look on the white card.

The stamp is from the same Hero Arts set that I used in the previous card. I used Tombow markers to colour the stamp and used Sue Law's dotty stamp for the background to the image. Layered on black scalloped circle and attached a bow made with my bow maker the the lovely DH made for me! The same sentiment was used on this card.

3 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great work Janet these are all so pretty and great embossing. Love all 3 of them XOXO Zoe

Joy said...

Gorgeous cards Janet, think my fave is the blue one, love the shading xx

Unknown said...

Great use of my pocket watch stamp design for Craft Stamper.

Carol Stampattack Art Stamps